Sunday, September 21, 2014

SURPRISE- less than 30 days left of birth control

So my consult went... amazingly well.

I figured I'd be on BC until early November, with a late Nov ER/ET


Nope. SURPRISE. We're coming off the BCPs on 10/20 with a potential retrieval the 1st week of November.


I'm officially freaking out.

I am SO SO SO grateful to a couple of women who have sent me "care packages" that will help reduce some of my medication OOP costs. Because when I got my medication list, I realized that I would be needing a TON of meds.

Menopur: $850
Follistim: $1400
Ganirelix: $650
Lupron: $100
Novarel: $90
Progesterone in Oil: $50

And then of course there's the antibiotics, steroids, pain killers, and potentially lovenox.

So close to $3200 all in all. But thanks to the generosity of some friends, it's looking like I'm going to only be paying $850 or so for my medications! Praise God for amazing people!

I'm honestly still in a whirlwind of emotions. It doesn't feel real, I'm terrified it won't work, but I'm going to have faith that this will be our take home baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment