Tuesday, May 14, 2013

An Introduction

I've been thinking about starting this blog for quite some time, and with recent developments, I've decided there is no time like the present.

A brief history of us

My husband and I were married in August 2011 in Bermuda after learning that my father had cancer. Originally they said it was no big deal, but we weren't willing to take the risk of Dad not being there. It was the best decision ever. He died just over a year later.


At the annual appointment with my OB, we decided it was time for an endometrial biopsy. The results weren't great, but they weren't terrible. My lining was classified as simple endometrial hyperplasia, and I was started on 90 days of provera to hopefully put my endocrine system in check. The hope was that at my follow up biopsy, all would look good, and I'd be ready to move on to fertility treatments.

Unfortunately, that would not come to pass either. My second biopsy looked worse than the first, being classed as complex endometrial hyperplasia. From here, I have a D&C and hysteroscopy scheduled, followed by further hormone treatments if no evidence of cancer is seen.

This is not the happily ever after we imagined, and there are many days that I start off shouting EFF YOU UTE!

This journey isn't going to be puppies and rainbows, but my faith will guide me and DH on our journey to become parents.

I hope you'll stick around for the good, the bad, and the ugly

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I just wanted to let you know that I am rooting for you. I found your blog from The Bump. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete