Thursday, May 23, 2013

Truly the most amazing news- BACK IN THE GAME!

Waiting has never been my strong suit. Yesterday was 7 days post D&C, and I was getting antsy for my pathology results. I called my OB's office in the morning, and they said the results were in (hooray) but the doctor had not reviewed them yet, so they couldn't tell me anything.

So the waiting began. On the up side, I was able to clean my entire office and get a bunch of old cases filed. The downside was that it was all busywork.

Finally during lunch, my OB called. I did NOT expect the words that came out of her mouth.

"The results are in. There was definite heavy overgrowth, and polypoid tissue, but no fibroids, and no evidence of abnormal cellular growth."

Wait.. what? I asked her to repeat herself.

"You heard me Naria, they found NO evidence of hyperplasia"

I wasn't getting it. I just sat there silently.

"Naria, that's GREAT news. I sent them your first two biopsies to review everything, but this lab has NEVER changed their tune from a first review to the second review. Either I managed to find the only two spot in your uterus that had hyperplasia, or the lab misread the biopsies  Either way I'm getting you to the RE's clinic as soon as I am able, and we're going to get you to babyland".


Babyland ? Pregnancy? Wait, this is all possible for me?

She went on to tell me that I was going to stay on the provera at 4x my prior dose until the final review comes back from the pathologist  but she's ready to send me to the RE like... yesterday... and told me that the next time she sees me will be when I'm pregnant.


When. I'm. Pregnant.


Holyfreakingcrap- it just got REAL. Until this point pregnancy was like something imaginary in my mind. Something that happened to other people. Something that I would never experience.

And now, there's hope.

4 comments: