Monday, January 12, 2015

Trying to trust my RE- but it's hard

So my ovaries still just chugging along here. After talking with my RE he thinks we may be ready to trigger Saturday/Sunday for a retrieval early next week!

Right ovary had 13 in the 8-9mm range, left ovary had 20+ in the same range. I know there are women who would kill to have this "problem" but I'm just terrified we're going to get cancelled again.

The RE's decided that we're adding in the ganirelix starting tomorrow to hopefully keep things from running away from us again. 


We also had a long conversation about why the clinic prefers a 2DT over anything else and I'm much more comfortable with it. My RE and his embryologist have gone back and forth on this multiple times. The embryologist tends to follow recommendations and research coming out of Europe, as well as her experience in the field, which has led her to preferring 2DT over any other transfer. 

Since my RE is using time lapse now, the embryologist has said the data she gets from the embryo on day 2 is almost the same as the data she gets from the embryo on day 3, and she feels that the best place for the embryo at that point is in the uterus based on the majority of the genetic imprinting research that she has reviewed. 


So we're back to just waiting. I'm exhausted- I always get this way on the stims... but it's driving me nuts. Coupled with the fact that I've tried to drastically reduce my caffeine consumption and it's a recipe for one cranky Naria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment