Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Never complaining about my blessings again

The other day I was venting about my DH's current work schedule. He's been a homemaker for several years due to personal reasons, and recently accepted a 3rd shift position that fit his current interests. It was a temp job, but it was a great opportunity to close the gap in his resume as he prepares to re-enter his career field.

I'd been feeling neglected and was really struggling with working opposite shifts. I vented about it to my IF ladies the other day.

He was fired last night. No reason given. He got to work, his boss was waiting for him and said "Thank you for your contributions, but your employment here is no longer necessary".

I know I didn't cause him to get fired.  Deep down I know it wasn't my fault, and that my venting online about working opposite shifts had NO impact on his termination. 

It was honestly the most bizarre experience ever because last night at dinner he was talking about how one of his clients had contacted his boss to thank DH for going above and beyond the prior shift to get an additional project done in a timely manner. 5 hours later he was fired.

So much for closing that gap in the resume. He's going to reach out to his boss's boss to see if he can get to the bottom of what happened. I'm honestly still shell-shocked.

I seriously cannot take any more disappointment this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment