Monday, August 19, 2013

Hot flashes and a realization that it's really here

So since I'm in a complaining mood, I just need to vent about these hot flashes. I'm not sure what's worse, wanting to strip naked at work, or wanting to just take my laptop to the ladies' room so that I don't keep getting interrupted by my bladder.


On a more... uplifiting(?) note it hit me today- we're actually freaking cycling. In 20 days we could be pregnant.


And this fills me with equal parts excitement and dread. Due to the progesterone, I did not lose as much weight on my "break" as I had hoped, and I'm starting out this journey in the "obese" category. I know that bigger gals successfully carry pregnancies every single day, but this is *not* where I wanted to be. But with the hyperplasia issues, I'm not willing to take time off of meds to lose weight pre-pregnancy.

And then there's the ADHD issue. I was diagnosed with ADHD during college, and I'm terrified what life without my meds would look like at work. There is NO way I would be productive for 9 months while pregnant and unmedicated. I'm comfortable with the risks to the future fetus based on the med I am on, but DH is on the fence.

And then there is the cutting down my coffee habit.

So many changes that may occur in the next few weeks, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment