Monday, November 3, 2014

Cooking for 3

Every IF blog that I've read recommends meal-prepping so that you don't have to worry about cooking after ER (egg retrieval). And since  have a history of OHSS, I wanted to be doubly sure that I had nutritious and delicious meals ready to go for the first week of the 2WW.

OHSS (ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome) happens when your body responds *too well* to the drugs. It results in your body basically being unable to keep water in your cells- leading to dehydration and fluid build up in the abdominal cavity. In rare cases it can kill you.

Most doctors suggest a high protein, high salt diet combined with electrolyte replacement fluids instead of water. Many people use either Gatorade or Coconut Water as their fluid replacement. I will be going with coconut water this time around. Since high protein, high salt diets also help, I decided that my meal focus would be on high-protein soups with a decent salty punch. I don't even LIKE beans, but for the purpose of not ending up in the hospital, I've decided to give them a good try.

So Sunday afternoon I spent some time prepping  a bunch of REALLY delicious looking food from pinterest. Since I haven't cooked anything yet, and since I know I won't have time to properly plate and photograph my meals, I'm just going to link photos and recipes from the sources below.

All in all, it was about 3 hours of prep time in my kitchen, and my grocery receipts totaled just under $64 for the ingredients for all 8 meals!  And if they're anything like our last batch of crock pot meals, each bag will cover dinner for 2 evenings PLUS a couple of lunches.

Or one evening of dinner of the hubs has seconds... or thirds... or fourths like a couple of my last meals!


Dinner #1- Coconut Curry Chicken


Dinner #2 Moroccan Lentil Stew 


Dinner #3: Lentil Vegetable Barley Soup 



Dinner #4: Barley-Vegetable Soup 


Dinner # 5: Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup


Dinner #6: Slow Cooker Lentil Vegetable Soup 



Dinner #7: Creamy Black Bean Chicken Soup


Dinner #8: Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili






No comments:

Post a Comment