Monday, November 17, 2014

Something that looks a little like hope

So I gave myself permission to get really angry for a few days, and now, we're looking toward the new year with renewed hope.

I had lost all faith in my doctor. A call on Friday changed that.

He has a plan. He has hope. He thinks that with a few medication adjustments and some prepping that we'll be good to go come January.


Changes now:

1) adding in 600mg of CoQ10 a day
2) adding in additional Vitamin D
3) adding in baby asprin now
4) starting metformin. Today I bumped up to 1000mg. Saturday I bump up to 1500mg.

Changes for my cycle:

1) no birth control pills. The doc things that it over-suppresed my ovaries and that's why it took so long for them to respond.

2) Starting at a low (100-125IU) dose of Follistim + 75IU of Menopur- and staying there. He really thinks that if we wouldn't have upped my dose multiple times that we would have gotten there

3) more frequent blood draws. There was no reason to go 4 days between draws last cycle, and knowing what was going on may have helped us better gauge my dose.


Oh the shit we do to get pregnant... 
So now we wait for my period to show up. Dr. Awesome thinks that it will be here this week. I am not expecting it to show up (if at all) until after Thanksgiving. Either way we're going to have an appointment the first week of December to check to see if my ovaries are back to normal. If they are, we'll get a date on the calendar to have my baseline and hopefully we'll start stabbing again in early January.


This isn't how I expected to spend my holiday season- I was hoping we'd have much to give thanks for this year... but all things in good time. Until then I'm focusing on getting back to being well both physically and mentally, and even though we're approaching the holidays I'm hoping to lose another 15 pounds before our cycle... I've got motivation and I can't wait to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment