Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Little Rituals

Even for those of us who aren't superstitious, we find ourselves participating in little rituals every day of our cycle. It's the one way to control something that is truly out of our control.

Right now, I have my evening stims ritual. It goes like this.


Put "Haven't Met You Yet" (Michael Buble) on repeat on my phone
Clean my IVF table
Lay out all of my drugs for the night
Wash  my hands
Mix my menopur
Inject my menopur
Inject my follistim
Clean up my IVF table
Lay down for 20 minutes and listen to my IVF playlist while I focus on my ovaries

I can't meditate. I've tried. Lord knows I've tried. My brain just can't get that quiet. But I've made a playlist (below) of upbeat music, and I've made a conscious effort to lay down every night and spend some time visualizing my ovaries, visualizing my eggs growing (lots of eggs) and visualizing my body working to eliminate side effects of the drugs.


My Playlist:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye version 
Beautiful Day- U2
A Beautiful Morning- The Rascals
Best Day of My Life- American Authors 
The Best is Yet to Come- Matt Dusk version 
Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts
The Climb- Miley Cyrus
Don't Stop Believing 
Haven't Met You Yet- Michael Buble
I will Wait- Mumford and Sons
I won't give up- Jason Mraz
Laughed until we cried- Jason Aldean
Let it Go- Frozen
No Less than a Woman- Lady Saw
Pompeii- Bastille
Rainbow Connection- Kermit the Frog
Roar- Katy Perry
Shake it Off- Taylor Swift
Somewhere Over the Rainbow- IZ
Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield
Waiting on the World to Change- John Mayer
Wake Me Up- Avicii
What is Love- Janelle Monae
You've got a Friend in Me- Toy Story
Don't Worry, Be Happy- Bobby McFerrin
Here Comes the Sun- The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment