Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Houston, we have FOLLIES!

We have FOLLIES!


Triggering tonight. First time my body's made it this far with more than one follie without having to cancel . And holy shit am I excited.

Monday appointment:

Right ovary- 1@ 13.5
Left Ovary 1@12.5
E2: 2086 (hello- that should have been the indication that we're moving)


Today's appointment:
Right (blocked) ovary: 1@16, 1@15, 2@13, 10@10-12
Left Ovary: 1@16, 2@14, 2@13, 4@11-12
E2: 3657


We're triggering tonight (40 units of lupron) at 10:15PM for a 10:15 AM IUI on Friday. It's looking like we'll have somewhere between 5 and 7 mature follies at ovulation, depending on if the 13's catch up or not. With my E2 levels, my RE seriously thinks that the 13's have a real possibility of maturing between now and then.

Which meant we had the incredibly difficult conversation about fetal reduction today. I can't even get pregnant with one baby on my own, and we had to have a serious come to Jesus talk about potentially killing off one or more of our future children.

But I know all too well the risks of a higher order multiple pregnancy, and I will do WHATEVER it takes to have one or two healthy babies- even if that means having to reduce.

Please don't judge me. My RE has compared my ovaries to Ka.te Goss.elin's on multiple occasions- he knows quite a bit about her case (not her doctor, but knows her doctor). I refuse to birth a litter, but at the same time we can't get a controlled response to injects, and I don't respond to oral meds so this is our last shot before IVF. 


I just hope that DH's swimmers hit one of those 5 targets.

My 2WW starts today. I refuse to test before 11dpIUI which is 4/22. Earth day. The anniversary of my favorite grandmother's death. It's got a cliche circle of life feel about it.

So here goes nothing......

1 comment: