Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DIY Wednesday: Coffee/Cocoa Spoons

This is one of my go-to hostess gifts during the holiday season. I've been doing these for YEARS and honestly they're AMAZING.

Sorry for the lack of my own pics (once again). I really need to get better at snapping them as I go along.

Photo Credit: Wayward Girls Crafts

This is another one of those "so simple it's stupid" DIY projects.


Step 1: Melt chocolate in the microwave. You can use confectioners' chocolate from the craft stores, but I normally just use chocolate chips from the baking aisle.

Step 2: Dip spoon in chocolate a few times to get a nice thick layer. Then fill spoon up almost full with chocolate

Step 3: Lay spoon on cookie sheet covered in wax paper

Step 4: Add toppings (I love crushed peppermints)

Let chocolate cool and harden over night. You can then wrap them individually with saran wrap and a curled ribbon, or make a bouquet and put them in a coffee mug to take along as a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment