Monday, October 28, 2013

Miles apart

And now for something not TTC related.


I'm currently living 600 miles from my best friend. The type of best friend who you can't imagine living without. The type that would take a bullet for you. The type that you're so in tune with that they don't even have to speak- you're always on the same wavelength.

And my friend is going through some major life struggles. Divorce, job changes, moving (even further away) and some other stress that comes to living in a new city. Said friend is not in a good head space mentally.

I've not been able to sleep for the past two nights. I've woken up thinking about them several times each night and it's tearing me apart from the inside knowing that I can't just show up and hug them to make it better.

I'd give anything to be able to hop on a plane tonight and show up at their doorstep. I know there's more going on than they're telling me through skype/facebook/text... and it's killing me not knowing how I can support them through this time.

I'm thinking there's going to be a weekend roadtrip in my future.

1 comment:

  1. You are a good friend, naria. Hope things start to look up for her.

    ReplyDelete