Sunday, October 13, 2013

Just your garden variety exhaustion

I feel like a neglectful blogger. I've been exhausted, plain and simple.

I've been job hunting for awhile, but was offered a lucrative internal promotion. The program that I have been working with (providing life skills education, nutritional counseling, and job interviewing training) is expanding, and several agencies across the US have been interested in learning more about the model. Since I am the most senior member of my service unit I had been doing one-off trainings. But as interest increased, they realized they needed a full time staff trainer on this model.

And I got the promotion!

While I'm going to miss working in direct services, I take great joy in teaching others, and some of my most exciting weeks in the past year have been the ones I was out training.


It means that I'm going to have more downtime in the office after the first of the year as I transition into more training, federal grant writing (Lord help me, I have no clue what I'm doing) and follow up support, but in the meantime I'm crazy busy. I am closing out my current client case files, and training on top of it. It's meant I'm not online as much as I used to be.


I also forgot how exhausted the Femara makes a person feel. I come home from work and go to bed. My weekends revolve around sleeping. It's just generally the pits.


So that's what's new in my world. I'm on CD 7 and not so patiently waiting for our midcycle scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment