Sunday, October 20, 2013

Life Hack Sunday- Don't end up in the ER!

So let's start off with a funny story. A few years ago DH and I were on our way to pick up our new bedding set, but the furniture tiedowns were in a blister pack. I don't know why they felt the need to hermetically seal a $5 pack of tiedowns, but I digress.

So DH was standing in the parking lot with a boxcutter, trying to open the package. He didn't realize that he was standing on black ice. Slip went the foot, slice went the knife, goodbye went the tendon in his left thumb.


I've never seen so much blood in my life.

Luckily the orthopedic surgeon was able to fish the tendon out of his wrist and sew it back together (yeah, it was as disgusting as it sounds) and he's better now. But that was a $4,000 surgery (thank God it happened the month after he got health insurance!) that we really didn't need.


So in Mr. Dreaming's honor, I present to you LHS: Don't cut yourself


No comments:

Post a Comment