Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall means CROCKPOT TIME

So I've gotten away from one of my true loves- my crock pot. Prior to my kitchen remodel I never used the damn thing, but being sans kitchen for several months forced me to re-evaluate how I prepared meals.

I was BIG into doing the once a month freezer batch cooking, and I've gotten away from it. It's SUCH an awesome time-saver, but the prep time sucks. I won't lie. Taking a full day of the weekend once a month to do nothing but shop, chop, season, and freeze is b-o-r-i-n-g. Especially during the summer when there are so many things to be done outside.

But now that the weather is turning, I'm back to spending tons of time on pinterest and looking forward to a Sunday date with my freezer bags soon! Once I'm pregnant, my goal is to have a few of my gals over sometime late in 3rd Tri and have a big ol kitchen food prep day and bag up 60-70 freezer meals to last me most of my maternity leave.

But for that to be possible I need to test drive somewhere in the range of 90-120 freezer meals to find 60-70 that I like!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea - I LOVE my crockpot... now you have me thinking about freezing some meals!

    ReplyDelete