Friday, September 13, 2013

What's in your Oven Friday

As I alluded in my post last week, I'm breaking out my crock pot and recipes again, and I want to share the ones that work out well!

On the menu this week: Better Than Sex (aka Man Pleasin') Chicken

Photo from Debby's blog, A Feast For the Eyes
(www.foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com) 



This was one of the first freezer crock pot recipes that I tried, and it definitely delivers. I'm not a fan of mustard or "exotic" spices, so the fact that I loved this chicken should speak volumes. You can prepare it and cook it in the oven (450* for 40 minutes) but it works SO well as a make ahead crock pot meal. If you do want to make ahead and freeze, I suggest doubling the recipe and dividing into two one-gallon freezer bags. You won't regret it!

This recipe was adapted from the "I <3 Trader Joe's Cookbook"

Shopping List

Chicken Thighs- 1 package (approximately 6)
Dijon Mustard
Maple Syrup
Rice Wine Vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Rosemary


To Prepare

In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup dijon mustard, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar.

Salt and pepper the thighs, and then place thighs into the gallon zip lock bag. add the mustard/maple syrup marinade. Make sure the thighs are all fully coated in the marinade. Freeze until ready to cook in crock pot.

To Cook
Transfer contents of bag to crock pot. Cook on high for 6 hours, or until meat thermometer reads 165*.

Plate the chicken, spooning the extra sauce from the pot over top. Garnish with fresh rosemary.




No comments:

Post a Comment