Thursday, September 12, 2013

Finally- a solid answer

I've posted several thoughts on my concerns about ADHD and pregnancy, and how I was going to deal with 9 months without my prescription, as it is a pregnancy category C.

I even had to fire my primary care doctor because of the absolutely disgusting way his nurse treated me when I told her I wanted to discuss adderall during pregnancy. I was treated like a junkie, told I didn't "actually need" the medicine, and that I would be "just fine" without it.

Excuse me, but no. I have a medical diagnosis that necessitates medication. I'm not just taking a controlled substance for shits and giggles. And the fact that this nurse left me a voicemail where she said (word for word) "you don't actually need it, so you you know, you should just stop taking it now" was the breaking point with this doctor's office.


So I called my RE. Left a message with the nurse for my doctor. Told her to tell him that I'd like to discuss the risk vs benefit, that I have done my research and I'm comfortable with the relatively low risk because I'm on a very low dosage to start with.

RE called back this morning. He told me no worries, there was no need to discontinue!


I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment